go back on (one's) promise(redirected from gone back on their promise)
go back on (one's) promise
To not do something one said one would do; to renege on something. People are beginning to worry that the governor is going to go back on his promise and not lower taxes for lower-income families after all. You made a commitment to support our project, and now you've gone back on your promise!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- (one) could stand (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (something) to go on
- a whole different animal