go out to (someone)(redirected from goes out to her)
go out to (someone)
To direct something, often a feeling or emotion, toward someone. My heart goes out to Tim. I can't believe he's had to endure yet another tragedy. Oh honey, all of my love goes out to you, always—I hope you know that.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
go out to someone
[for one's sympathy, heart, etc.] to be aimed toward someone. All of my sympathy went out to her. I knew just how she felt. My thanks go out to you all.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- go out to
- not bear the sight of (someone or something)
- not stand the sight of (someone or something)
- bear the sight of (someone or something)
- get along without
- (someone or something) is going to be the death of (one)
- (someone or something) will be the death of (one)
- not take (something) lying down
- have nine lives
- put somebody through it