go forward(redirected from goes forward)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to goes forward: go forward
1. To move straight ahead. Just go forward a few more steps, and you'll be close enough to hit the piñata.
2. To continue or proceed, especially despite problems or challenges. Oh, we're going forward with our weekend plans—I refuse to let a little rain stop us! As we go forward, please keep me apprised of any changes.
3. To advance, as in a competition. We won't go forward in the playoffs if we don't start scoring more goals.
4. To be suggested or recommended for something. I don't think my name went forward for the promotion, unfortunately.
1. To move in the direction in which one is facing: I stepped on the accelerator and the car went forward.
2. To begin as planned: The demolition of the old building went forward despite protests from the local historical society.
3. To continue; make progress: We need to watch the budget for this project as we go forward.
4. To advance to the next in a sequence of levels: Whoever wins this competition will go forward to the final round. Only two of the contestants went forward.
5. To be passed on as a recommendation. Used especially of people's names: The names of three people went forward as possible candidates for president.