gnaw (at) (someone's) vitals(redirected from gnawed somebody's vitals)
gnaw (at) (someone's) vitals
To greatly or deeply trouble someone; to affect in someone an intense feeling of anguish or despair. Seeing the suffering of so many people overseas gnawed at her vitals day and night, so she decided to join the Red Cross so she could finally help in some way.
See also: gnaw
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be in bad with (someone)
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- be ships that pass in the night