gnaw (at) (someone's) vitals(redirected from gnaw at somebody's vitals)
gnaw (at) (someone's) vitals
To greatly or deeply trouble someone; to affect in someone an intense feeling of anguish or despair. Seeing the suffering of so many people overseas gnawed at her vitals day and night, so she decided to join the Red Cross so she could finally help in some way.
See also: gnaw
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be in bad with (someone)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)