glad(redirected from gladding)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
Fancy attire. This isn't a formal event, so there's no need for your glad rags.
the glad hand
The act of addressing one in a friendly manner, often when it is feigned or false. I don't think she actually likes me, so she must have given me the glad hand when she seemed so happy to see me.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mod. alcohol intoxicated. After a few beers she was a mite glad.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (boy,) am I glad to see you!
- (I'm) (so) glad to hear it/that
- (I'm) (so) glad you could come
- (I'm) (so) glad you could drop by
- (I'm) (very) glad to meet you
- (I'm/We're) (so) glad you could stop by
- Am I glad to see you!
- be glad to see the back of (someone or something)
- be glad to see the back of someone or something
- be glad, etc. to see the back of somebody/something
- be more than (something)
- be more than glad, ready, etc.
- get the glad hand
- give (one) the glad hand
- give someone the glad hand
- give someone the once-over
- give the glad eye
- glad hand
- glad rags
- glad tidings
- glad to hear it
- glad to meet you
- glad you could come
- glad you could drop by
- in (one's) glad rags
- in your glad rags
- only too (something)
- only too glad, ready, etc.
- the glad hand