glad to meet you
(I'm) (very) glad to meet you
A phrase used when one meets someone for the first time. Very glad to meet you—I'm Ted. A: "This is my cousin, John." B: "Glad to meet you."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
(I'm) (very) glad to meet you.
a polite expression said to a person to whom one has just been introduced. (See also (I'm) pleased to meet you.) Mary: I'd like you to meet my brother, Tom. Bill: I'm very glad to meet you, Tom. Jane: Hi! I'm Jane. Bob: Glad to meet you. I'm Bob.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (I'm) (very) glad to meet you
- (I'm) (so) glad you could come
- glad you could come
- be glad to see the back of (someone or something)
- be glad to see the back of someone or something
- be glad, etc. to see the back of somebody/something
- (I'm) (so) glad to hear it/that
- (boy,) am I glad to see you!
- Am I glad to see you!