give an account(redirected from giving an account)
give an account
To recount something. We need all witnesses to give an account of what they saw the night of the burglary.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
give an account (of someone or something) (to someone)and give someone an account of someone or something
to tell a narrative about someone or something to someone. You are going to have to give an account of yourself to your parole officer. Please give an account of your day to my secretary. Give me an account of every minute.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- give an account of (someone or something)
- give an account to (someone)
- give an account of (someone or something) to (someone)
- give a good account of
- give a good account of (oneself)
- give a good account of oneself
- give a good account of yourself
- on no account
- charge (something) (up) to (something)
- charge up to