give (one) an/the edge on (someone or something)(redirected from given you the edge on)
give (one) an/the edge on (someone or something)
To cause someone to be in a favorable or superior position when compared to someone or something else. That team has so many injuries right now that it's given us the edge on them. I don't want to do anything that might give Sarah an edge on me in this competition.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be/have done with somebody/something
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- a dog in the manger