give (something) to (one) on a plate(redirected from give to one on a plate)
give (something) to (one) on a plate
To give or relinquish something to one very easily, without them having to work very hard to get or achieve it. The team's defense has been atrocious today, giving a victory to their opponents on a plate. If we can get the government to subsidize our project, we'll have our yearly earnings given to us on a plate.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- give (something) to (one) on a (silver) platter
- hand (one) (something) on a plate
- hand (something) to (one) on a (silver) platter
- hand someone something on a plate
- hand to on a silver platter
- hand something to somebody on a plate
- hand (something) to (someone) on a plate
- serve up on a plate
- sacrifice (someone or something) for (someone or something else)
- sacrifice for