give (someone) the lowdown (on something)(redirected from give someone the low-down)
give (someone) the lowdown (on something)
To provide someone with specific or comprehensive details about someone, something, or some situation. Give me the lowdown on what the boss is planning to do about the company's falling profits. I'm waiting for my brother to give me the lowdown on Geoffrey before I go on a date with him. There's been a shakeup in the company's upper management, but we won't know how we're affected until the boss gives us the lowdown.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- beware of
- beware of (someone or something)
- be/have done with somebody/something
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)