give (someone) a second(redirected from give someone a second)
give (someone) a second
To allow someone or something a moment or brief period of time in which to do something. Honey, this isn't what it looks like, just give me a second to explain! Give the computer a second to reboot so the updates can be properly installed.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (someone or something) promises well
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (something) is the new (something)