give (one) an easy ride(redirected from give somebody an easy ride)
give (one) an easy ride
To allow one to do something without difficulty or struggle. Her parents have given her an easy ride her entire life, so I'm not surprised she's struggling in college.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have/give somebody a rough/an easy ˈride(informal) to experience/not experience difficulties when you are doing something; to make things difficult/easy for somebody: She hasn’t always had an easy ride in her business life. ♢ The government has been given a rough ride by the popular press recently.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- could (do something) with one hand tied behind (one's) back
- silver bullet
- be able to (do something) in (one's) sleep
- be able to do something in your sleep
- do (something) blindfolded
- do blindfolded
- half the trouble of (something)
- able to do (something) with (one's) eyes closed
- able to do with eyes closed
- able to (do something) with (one's) eyes closed