give anything (for something)(redirected from give anything to do)
give anything (for something)
To pay, give, or do whatever is necessary or required to acquire or achieve a thing for which one has an intense desire. I'd give anything to live in Paris! I bet she'd give anything for a chance to go out with John.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- give (one) the works
- give (one) a song and dance (about something)
- give (one) (some amount of) elbow room
- give (one) an A for effort
- give (one) (one's) due
- give an arm and a leg (for something)
- give an arm and a leg for
- give an arm and a leg for something
- don't give (something) a second thought
- give (one) a yell