ghost(redirected from ghosty)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. slang To ignore someone until they go away, rather than directly expressing one's disinterest, especially in virtual communications. This phrase is often applied to failed love connections. That guy I went out with last week kept texting me, but I just wasn't interested, so I had to ghost him.
2. slang To kill someone. The boss told Ray to ghost the informant.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
tv. to kill someone. Mooshoo threatened to ghost the guy.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) pale as a ghost
- (as) white as a ghost
- (as) white as a sheet
- a ghost at the feast
- be a ghost of (someone's or something's) former self
- be a shadow of (someone's or something's) former self
- be a shadow of (someone's or something's) old self
- be a shadow/ghost of your/its former self
- ghost from (one's) past
- ghost in the machine
- ghost of a chance
- ghost someone
- ghost town
- ghost turd
- ghost writer
- give up the ghost
- give up the ghost, to
- lay a ghost
- lay the ghost of (something) to rest
- lay the ghost of something
- look as if (one) has seen a ghost
- look as if you have seen a ghost
- look as though (one) has seen a ghost
- look like (one) has seen a ghost
- not a ghost of a chance
- not have a ghost of a chance
- not have a/the ghost of a chance
- not have the ghost of a chance
- pale as a ghost
- the ghost at the feast
- the ghost in the machine
- the ghost walks
- the spectre at the feast
- white as a sheet
- white as a sheet/ghost
- yield the ghost