get (one's) rocks off(redirected from getting our rocks off)
get (one's) rocks off
1. vulgar slang To reach orgasm, especially through sexual intercourse. Usually said of a man. He has a reputation of being a tom cat just looking to get his rocks off. I don't want a serious relationship, just a guy I can get my rocks off with every now and then.
2. vulgar slang By extension, to find great enjoyment from something. There are a lot of online trolls who get their rocks off on insulting or annoying other users. The movie was OK, but it didn't get my rocks off.
get one's rocks off(on something)
1. Sl. [for a male] to ejaculate. (Considered coarse.) Boys normally don't talk about getting their rocks off.
2. Sl. to enjoy something. (Fixed order.) I really get my rocks off on heavy metal. I've listened to the stuff, but I sure don't get my rocks off on it.
get your rocks offINFORMAL, RUDE
1. If someone gets their rocks off doing something, they get a lot of pleasure from it, usually while harming someone else. He gets his rocks off making life difficult for other people.
2. If a man gets his rocks off, he has sex. The poor guy didn't even manage to get his rocks off at the Yam festival, where women pursue the men.