References in periodicals archive ?
They added: "Hearing loss can be very isolating and volunteers are needed to host regular Hear to Meet tea parties and get-together''s to reach older adults in their local community.
"This is the first time we have had a get-together bring together, jockeys, trainers, owners and racing officials," Buckley said.
Far from being a friendly get-together, the atmosphere was stiff and formal, with a battery of note-takers and other bureaucrats arrayed at desks at the back of the meeting hall.
An intimate spot reminiscent of a Parisian cafe, La Chaumiere is great for a quiet business get-together after a long day of meetings.
The annual East Coast get-together was launched in its first weekend by a raucous co-production conference with the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, making the bars, restaurants and meeting places around the Lord Nelson Hotel, the festival headquarters, overflow with garrulous Irish, English, Scottish and Welsh producers all in search of precious co-production money.
Wanna make your New Year's get-together a slammin' pah-tay people will talk about until, like, 2010?
We don't have a big family get-together or go to (or give) Christmas parties.
These secret meetings have been described as 'just an informal get-together'.
Well, take a look at the group's recent "Creating Change" conference, an annual get-together of radical gay left-wingers.
A sofa on the side of the stage, on which the performers lounged in between sections, evoked a sense of this being an informal get-together of people who happened to come upon some excellent music.
This get-together fuels speculation that Gazza will soon move from Rangers to England to be nearer his family.
At her first Brady management get-together, Hudson enrolled the executives in the "Lighten Up Club," whose motto is, "Lighten up; life is too short to be taken seriously." She got everyone Groucho Marx glasses and noses and sweatshirts and lined them up for a photo in front of a wall of commodes affectionately called the "Great Wall of China."
Tribune News Network Excellence Consulting WLL recently organised an HR Forum get-together at the Concorde Hotel.
This is the only time throughout filming that the whole cast of the show have a get-together, so my time with Bobby and PC Jack McLaren is very precious, as seen here.
Idioms browser ?
- get/put your skates on
- get/run into debt
- get/sink your teeth into something
- get/start off on the right/wrong foot
- get/take a grip/hold on yourself
- get/take flak
- get/take it into your head that...
- get/take stick from somebody
- get/take the bit between your teeth
- get/turn nasty
- getaway sticks
- gets one right here
- getting any
- Getting any?
- getting on (in years)
- getting on for
- getting on for (something)
- getting on for...
- getting on toward (a time)
- getting there
- getting there is half the fun
- ghetto bird
- ghetto blaster
- ghetto booty
- ghetto box
- ghetto lottery
- ghetto sled
- ghost from (one's) past
- ghost in the machine
- ghost of a chance
- ghost someone
- ghost town
- ghost turd
- ghost writer
- ghostly presence
- GI can
Full browser ?
- get yourself into the best of health
- get yourself out of a jam
- get yourself out of something
- get yourself out of somewhere
- Get Yourself Tested
- get yourself together
- get yourself up
- get, buy, etc. something on tick
- get, have, etc. a free hand
- get, have, etc. the sniffles
- get, have, etc. the snuffles
- get, have, gain, etc. the upper hand
- get, have, hold, etc. the whip hand
- Get, Post, Cookie, Server
- get, put, etc. something in/out of perspective
- get, take, etc. a free ride
- get, win, take, etc. the wooden spoon
- Get-Away Special Canister
- Get-out-of-jail-free card
- get-out-of-jail-free card, a
- get-out-of-jail-free cards
- Get-Up and Return-to-Sit
- get-well card
- Get-Well Gamers
- get/be given the chop
- get/enter into the spirit of something
- get/give the green light
- get/go back to basics
- get/go into a huddle
- get/have a good, bad, etc. press
- get/have a handle on somebody/something
- get/have a/your foot in the door
- get/have all one's ducks in a row
- get/have butterflies
- get/have cold feet
- get/have itchy feet
- get/have somebody by the short hairs
- get/have somebody's undivided attention