get the lowdown (on someone or something)(redirected from get the lowdown on you)
get the lowdown (on someone or something)
To receive or find out specific or comprehensive details about someone, something, or some situation. See if you can get the lowdown on what the boss is planning to do about the company's falling profits. My sister wants to get the lowdown on Geoffrey before she goes on a date with him. There's been a shakeup in the company's upper management, but we won't know how we're affected until we get the lowdown from the boss.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- give (someone) the lowdown (on something)
- have the lowdown (on someone or something)
- too many cooks spoil the broth
- too many cooks spoil the soup
- too many cooks spoil the stew
- (someone) won't thank you for (something)
- the goods on
- the goods on (someone or something)
- handle (someone or something) without gloves