get on top of (something)(redirected from get on top of)
get on top of (something)
To get complete control of something; to become fully informed or up-to-date about something. A: "How is the new project going?" B: "Right on track! Jen got on top of it while you were on vacation." I don't know how you get on top of all the different student issues that are brought to your attention.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be/get on ˈtop of somethingbe able to manage and control problems and difficulties successfully: I’ve finally got on top of my new job but it took a long time.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a slew of (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- (have) got something going (with someone)