get off on something
get off on (something)
1. slang To be or become particularly excited by or enthusiastic about something, especially in, or likened to, a sexual manner. It seems like Kaya gets off on the power of her new corporate management role. I don't know why you get off on going to the gym every day—it just seems like a chore to me!
2. slang To become high from taking a particular drug. I guess I don't inhale well because I never seem to get off on pot.
get off (on something)
1. in. to get pleasure from something; to become sexually aroused by something. I don’t get off on music anymore.
2. in. to take a drug and experience a rush. (Drugs.) Max likes to get off, but he’s got his business to run.
3. in. to do well on something. Wayne is getting off on history, much to everyone’s surprise.