get (something) through (someone's) head(redirected from get it through head)
get (something) through (someone's) head
To make someone or oneself acknowledge, accept, or understand something. Look, just get it through your head: we're moving, and there's nothing that's going to change that now. I don't know how else to get it through her head that I want to break up.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
get through one's head
Understand, believe, or be convinced. For example, Bill cannot get it through his head that John is moving out.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- keep in sight
- keep sight of (someone or something)
- keep sight of somebody/something