get a load off (one's) mind(redirected from get a load off his mind)
get a load off (one's) mind
To discuss something, often something that is a source of stress or worry. I hate conflict, but I had to get a load off my mind and tell Josh how I really feel about his new girlfriend.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
get a load off one’s mind
tv. to say what one is thinking; to speak one’s mind; to talk something out. I’m sorry, but I just had to get a load off my mind.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a whole different animal
- a whole different ball of wax
- a whole different beast
- (something) to go on
- a fast talker
- (something) is the new (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows