gee(redirected from geeing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. interjection An exclamation of any strong emotion, such as surprise, dismay, enthusiasm, exasperation, etc. Aw, gee whiz, Mom! Can't I stay out and play for one more hour? Gee whiz guys, wasn't that show great?
2. adjective Especially enthusiastic or impressed; youthfully or naïvely optimistic or exuberant. Often hyphenated. The film is sure to provoke some gee-whiz reactions from even the most cynical of spectators. A lot of people come into politics with some gee-whiz notions of changing the world.
3. adjective Showily or gaudily impressive; amazing or astounding. Often hyphenated. The film boasts a lot of gee-whiz effects but doesn't offer much else in the way of plot or character development.
A trinket, knick-knack, or bauble, typically one that is small and ornamental. I hope Aunt Louise doesn't give me another gewgaw for my birthday—I already have a shelf full of them!
An expression of surprise, dismay, or enthusiasm. For example, Gee whiz, Dad, I thought you'd let me borrow the car, or Gee whiz, they finally won the Series! This term is thought to be a euphemism for "Jesus Christ." [Slang; 1870s]
1. n. a portion of liquor, a gallon or a single drink. You want another gee of this booze?
2. exclam. Wow! (An abbreviation of Jesus!, although not always recognized as such. Usually Gee!) Golly gee, do I have to?
3. mod. gross; disgusting. (The initial letter of gross.) Tiffany is acting way gee lately.
4. Go to grand.
grandand G and gee and large
n. one thousand dollars. That car probably cost about twenty grand. You owe me three gees! He won three large on the slots!