gear up for (someone or something)(redirected from geared up for somebody)
gear up for (someone or something)
To ready someone, oneself, or something for something. I had geared up for a fight, so I was very surprised when the board immediately accepted my proposal. The benefits reps are gearing up for the health insurance enrollment period. I'm gearing up for my grandkids—they're arriving tonight.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
gear up for someone or something
to get ready for something. We are busy gearing up for Joan's visit next week.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- (someone or something) promises well
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)
- a crack at (someone or something)