give (something) a go(redirected from gave something a go)
give (something) a go
To try something, especially something with which one has little or no experience. I need to get more exercise, so I'm going to give cycling to work a go. I know you've never done this kind of work before, but give it a go and see how you do.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a/the feel of (something)
- a whole different animal
- a whole different ball of wax
- a whole different beast
- (something) to go on
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a fast talker
- a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)