gather to (oneself)(redirected from gather to)
gather to (oneself)
To move someone or something closer to oneself. The mother gathered her crying child to herself. I gathered my books to myself and left the library.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
gather someone or something to oneself
to draw someone or something to oneself. The hen gathered her chicks to herself. Harry gathered the poker chips to himself.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- gather to oneself
- gather (something) from (someone or something)
- gather from
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something