Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
Note: This page may contain terms or definitions that are offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. verb, rude slang To ruin or damage something; to mess up something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fuck" and "up." The threat of a hurricane really fucked up our vacation plans! Boy, you really fucked this engine up. When was the last time you got your oil changed? I fucked up my knee in practice last night so I won't be able to play on Saturday.
2. verb, rude slang To make a mistake; to mess up. I think I fucked up by putting it in the oven too soon. You fucked up, Dave. Just admit and we can all move on.
3. verb, rude slang To fail or malfunction. The printer fucked up last night so I still haven't printed my report.
4. noun, rude slang A person who is a complete failure or rarely does anything right. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated. I admit that after college I was kind of a fuck-up. I finally got my act together in my thirties, though.
5. noun, rude slang A mistake. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated. It was one little fuck-up, and I got kicked out of school. It's so unfair. This is not just a fuck-up, Brad—this could ruin your whole life!
6. verb, rude slang To physically assault or strike someone. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fuck" and "up." The captain of the football team said he'd fuck me up if he caught me talking to his girlfriend again.
1. n. a mess; a hopeless hodgepodge. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) When you went home yesterday, you left behind a first-class fuck-up. Now you can clean it up.
2. n. someone who does everything wrong; someone who messes everything up. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Poor Willie is such a fuck-up. What a mess he has made.