fuck something up
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. verb, rude slang To ruin or damage something; to mess up something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fuck" and "up." The threat of a hurricane really fucked up our vacation plans! Boy, you really fucked this engine up. When was the last time you got your oil changed? I fucked up my knee in practice last night so I won't be able to play on Saturday.
2. verb, rude slang To make a mistake; to mess up. I think I fucked up by putting it in the oven too soon. You fucked up, Dave. Just admit and we can all move on.
3. verb, rude slang To fail or malfunction. The printer fucked up last night so I still haven't printed my report.
4. noun, rude slang A person who is a complete failure or rarely does anything right. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated. I admit that after college I was kind of a fuck-up. I finally got my act together in my thirties, though.
5. noun, rude slang A mistake. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated. It was one little fuck-up, and I got kicked out of school. It's so unfair. This is not just a fuck-up, Brad—this could ruin your whole life!
6. verb, rude slang To cause someone significant injury by physically attacking them, as with punches and other blows. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fuck" and "up." The captain of the football team said he'd fuck me up if he caught me talking to his girlfriend again.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
fuck something up
tv. to mess something up; to wreck something. (Usually objectionable.) Who fucked up my file cabinet?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.