frig up(redirected from frigging them up)
rude slang A euphemistic substitution for "fuck up."
1. verb To ruin or damage something; to mess up something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "frig" and "up." The threat of a hurricane really frigged up our vacation plans! Boy, you really frigged this engine up. When was the last time you got your oil changed? I frigged up my knee in practice last night, so I won't be able to play on Saturday.
2. verb To cause someone significant injury by physically attacking them, as with punches and other blows. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "frig" and "up." The captain of the football team said he'd frig me up if he caught me talking to his girlfriend again.
3. verb To make a mistake; to mess up. I think I frigged up by putting the casserole in the oven too soon. You frigged up, Dave. Just admit it, and we can all move on.
4. verb To fail or malfunction. The printer frigged up last night, so I still haven't been able to print my report.
5. noun A mistake or blunder. In this usage, the phrase is usually hyphenated. It was one little frig-up, and I got kicked out of school. It's so unfair. This is not just a frig-up, Brad—this could ruin your whole life!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.