Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
fry the fat out of
To get money out of someone through violence and/or extortion. If you don't pay up, I'll have my men fry the fat out of you, don't you worry. It's time to fry the fat out of you, Stan, because I always get my money, one way or another.
To use direct heat to cook some food, often in fat or oil. A noun or pronoun can be used between "fry" and "up." Oh, I'm just frying up some bacon for breakfast.
Displaying the adverse effects of drug use, especially cognitive impairment. He started doing drugs as a teenager and is totally brain-burned now.
Displaying the adverse effects of drug use, especially cognitive impairment. He started doing drugs as a teenager and is totally brain-fried now.
Permanently experiencing the effects of or suffering permanent psychological damage as a result of prolonged or intense use of psychoactive drugs. Sometimes written as one word. Someone spiked David's drink with nearly 20 doses' worth of acid, and the poor guy has been perma-fried ever since. I just don't think you can get permafried from smoking weed. You might turn into a loser if you smoke it all the time, but you're not going to permanently screw up your brain or anything.
1. Coated in flour and breadcrumbs, then shallow fried in oil or grease. They served southern-fried catfish with corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, and green beans. There was nothing quite like the southern-fried chicken my grandma used to make when we were kids.
2. Having the traits or characteristics indicative of or pertaining to the Southern United States. I was just a long-legged, southern-fried boy when I joined the military, but eight years of service helped me grow into a man. These folks know what it means to show real southern-fried hospitality.
fry something up
to cook something by frying. Let's fry some chicken up for dinner. We fried up some chicken.
To prepare or make something by frying: I'll fry up some pancakes for breakfast. They fried some bacon up for the sandwiches.
mod. brain-damaged from drugs. (see also burnout.) Man, you’re gonna get brain-burned from this stuff. When he finally got totally brain-fried, he asked for help.
1. n. a real or imaginary act of copulation where the male leaps or dives onto and into the female. (Usually objectionable.) The movie showed some jerk allegedly performing a flying-fuck, just for laughs.
2. and french-fried-fuck n. something totally worthless. (Usually objectionable.) Who gives a flying-fuck anyway? I wouldn’t give you a french-fried-fuck for all the crummy cars like that in the world.
1. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. (see also brain-burned, crisp, southern-fried.) How the hell did you get so fried?
2. mod. sunburned. Man, is that babe fried!
mod. alcohol intoxicated. (An elaboration of fried. Based on the trade name Kentucky Fried Chicken, now known as KFC.) Man, is that guy really Kentucky fried!
See also: fried
mod. very drunk or drug intoxicated; very fried. She got herself perma-fried and couldn’t drive home.
mod. alcohol intoxicated. (An elaboration of fried, referring to fried chicken.) When Bob came home southern-fried, his wife nearly killed him.