Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to freaked: Freaked Out
1. verb, slang To suddenly express anger or excitement in a very visible way. Mom will freak when she finds out we broke her vase! I totally freaked when I heard we'd won tickets to the concert.
2. verb, slang To be startled or frightened. I completely freaked at the sight of that huge needle.
3. noun, slang A person or thing considered highly irregular, unconventional, or bizarre. Can be derogatory when used to describe a person. In this city, you can be a freak and not worry about people staring at you all the time. Look at that freak! Have you ever seen a bug like that? Dude, you need to stop hanging out with the freaks. What a bunch of weirdos.
4. noun, slang A person who is very sexually uninhibited. I've heard she's a real freak in bed.
5. An interjection used as a more mild version of "fuck." Freak! Where did I put my keys?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. shocked; disoriented. (Sometimes used of the effects of drugs or alcohol.) I was too freaked out to reply. Man, was I freaked.
2. tired out; exhausted. I'm too freaked out to go on without some rest. The chick is really freaked. Let her rest.
See also: freak
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
See freaked out
See also: freak
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.