the foggiest notion(redirected from foggiest notions)
the foggiest notion
A basic, vague, or rudimentary knowledge or understanding (about something). Often used in negative constructions. A: "Do you know where the car keys are?" B: "I haven't the foggiest notion. Sorry." Do you have the foggiest notion how much this mistake is going to cost the company? Even though I could speak a little Japanese, I could only pretend to have the foggiest notion what the woman was talking about.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (not) know jack (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack all (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack shit (about someone or something)
- the first thing about (someone or something)
- have it both ways
- have jack-shit
- be half the person/man/woman (that) (someone) is
- half the person/man/woman (that) (someone) is
- live down
- come up to scratch