flutter about(redirected from flutters about)
1. Literally, to fly around some thing or place in a quick, deft manner. The kids are outside, trying to catch the lightning bugs that are fluttering about.
2. By extension, to move quickly around some place or area. I think Anita is fluttering about the office, straightening up. Good luck finding her.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
flutter about somethingand flutter around something
1. Lit. to fly around something or some place. The moths were fluttering about the lightbulb. The butterflies fluttered around the bright flowers.
2. Fig. to keep moving busily within a particular place. The maid fluttered about the house, dusting and arranging. She fluttered around the house from room to room.
flutter aboutand flutter around
1. Lit. to fly about with quick, flapping motions of the wings. The moths fluttered about aimlessly. A few birds fluttered around.
2. Fig. [for someone] to move about quickly and busily. Aunt Margaret fluttered about, picking up after everyone. Stop fluttering around and sit down!