flub up(redirected from flubbed us up)
1. verb To make a mistake, often an embarrassing one. A noun or pronoun can be used between "flub" and "up." Oh man, I totally flubbed up that intro—I was trying to read the teleprompter, but then I started tripping over my words.
2. verb To cause someone to make a mistake. A noun or pronoun can be used between "flub" and "up." Come on, let me try again—the cat running across the street totally flubbed me up that time!
3. noun Such a mistake. In this usage, the phrase is often hyphenated. Oh man, this is a colossal flub-up. What am I going to tell the boss?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
flub something up
to mess something up; to ruin something. I saw you play in the tournament last Friday. You really flubbed it up, if you don't mind me saying so. You really flubbed up the tournament.
to make an error. I flubbed up again!
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. To make a mistake, especially out of confusion or ignorance: He tried to tell the joke, but he flubbed up the punch line. She is nervous about giving the toast and will probably flub it up. My taxes were incorrect because my accountant flubbed up.
2. To cause someone or something to blunder: I tried to hold my camera steady for the shot, but all the insects buzzing around flubbed me up. The constant distractions flubbed up the actor.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
flub something up
tv. to do something incorrectly; to mess up a procedure. Now don’t flub this up.
1. and flub-up n. an error; a blunder. Who is responsible for this flub-up?
2. in. to mess up; to foul up. You are flubbing up again, aren’t you?
See flub up
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.