flame(redirected from flamed)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to flamed: flamed finish
1. verb, slang To write angry messages online, especially those targeted toward someone, as on a forum or message board. The administrators are going to suspend your account if you keep flaming the message board.
2. noun, slang Such messages. The administrators are going to suspend your account if they see all these flames from you on the message board.
3. noun One's romantic partner. How am I supposed to forget about my old flame if I keep seeing her around town?
Of a homosexual man, very flamboyant. Potentially offensive. I respect James for being so flaming—that's just who he is.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. in. to write an excited and angry note in a computer forum or news group. (see also flamage.) Stop flaming a minute and try to explain your position calmly.
2. n. a verbal attack as in sense 1 My email is full of flames this morning!
3. in. to appear obviously homosexual. Man, she’s flaming today!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- add fuel to the fire
- add fuel to the fire/flames
- add fuel to the fire/flames, to
- add fuel to the flame(s)
- an old flame
- an/(one's) old flame
- be shot down in flames
- burn with a low blue flame
- burst into
- burst into flame
- burst into flame(s)
- drawn like a moth to a flame
- drawn to (something) like a moth to a flame
- fan the flames
- fan the flames, to
- flame out
- flame up
- flame war
- flame with (an emotion)
- flame with anger
- fuel the flame(s)
- go down in flames
- go up in flames
- in flames
- like a moth to a flame
- like a moth to the flame
- old flame
- shoot (someone or something) down in flames
- shoot down
- shoot down in flames
- shoot someone down in flames
- shoot someone or something down in flames