fix(redirected from fix the rabbit)
1. verb, euphemism To spay or neuter an animal so that they can no longer produce offspring. Hey, you need to fix your cat before she has another litter of kittens.
2. verb To influence the outcome of something, often through illicit means. Will I be expelled if they find out that I fixed the student council election?
3. noun A method of repairing something. Have you tried turning your phone off and on? That's always a good fix for whatever ails it.
4. noun A bribe. The authorities are trying to determine if the referees accepted a fix before that game.
5. noun, slang A dose of drugs, typically when given to an addict (especially one nearing or experiencing withdrawal symptoms). Oh man, thanks for the fix —I was really starting to feel bad there.
To exact revenge upon or punish someone. You lousy piece of road kill, if you ever show your face around here again, I'll fix you good! Don't worry, I'll fix him when he gets home.
See also: fix
1. Sl. a dose of a drug or narcotic. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~; need ~.) The addict badly needed a fix and was very fidgety.
2. an appropriate repair. Do you have a good fix for a leaky faucet?
Sl. to pay money in secret to have something turn out the way you want. The Boss fixed all the horse races in the county. After the gun-control bill failed to pass, there were rumors that the gun lobby had fixed the legislature.
1. and fix-up n. a dose of a drug, especially for an addict who is in need of drugs. (Drugs. It fixes the suffering of withdrawal.) It was clear that the prisoner needed a fix, but there was nothing the cops would do for him.
2. in. to buy a dose of drugs; to take drugs. (see also fixed. Drugs.) Frank had to fix before he could even talk to me.
3. tv. to castrate or spay an animal, especially a pet. (see also fixed. Jocularly of people.) Sally suggested that someone ought to fix Beavis—if he isn’t already.
4. n. a bribe. (see also fixed.) Rocko never took a fix in his life.
5. tv. to influence the outcome of a contest or an election. (see also fixed.) Sam knows what it takes to fix an election—cash.
6. n. a scheme to influence the outcome of a contest or an election. Something is wrong with this game. I smell a fix.
7. n. a repair made to a computer program. (Computers.) This little fix should make the whole program run faster.
8. n. a cure for a social ill. (see also quick fix.) There is no easy fix for a problem like this.
1. mod. doped; intoxicated. Frank is comfortable now that he’s fixed.
2. mod. bribed. The cop is fixed and won’t give you guys any trouble.
3. mod. having the outcome prearranged. (Said of a contest, race, or election.) The election was fixed, and we are going to protest.
4. mod. neutered. I wouldn’t buy anything but an already-fixed dog.
- a quick fix
- be in a fix
- be out of fix
- be/get in a fix
- cop a fix
- fix (one) with a gaze
- fix (one) with a look
- fix (one) with a stare
- fix (someone or something) with (someone or something)
- fix (someone)
- fix (someone's) wagon
- fix (something) for breakfast/lunch/dinner/etc.
- fix an animal
- fix for
- fix on
- fix on (someone or something)
- fix over
- fix somebody with a look, stare, gaze, etc.
- fix someone's wagon
- fix up
- fix wagon
- fix with
- fixing to (do something)
- fixing to die
- get (one's) fix (of something)
- get (someone) out of a fix
- get a fix
- get a fix (of something)
- get a fix on
- get a fix on (one)
- get a fix on (something)
- get a fix on someone/something
- get out of a fix
- give (one) a fix
- give (one) a fix of (something)
- have a fix
- have a fix of (something)
- have a fix on (something)
- help (someone) out of a fix
- If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
- If it ain’t broke, fix it till it is
- if it ain't broke don't fix it
- if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- in a fix
- lock onto
- need a fix
- need a fix of (something)
- out of fix
- quick fix
- quick fix, there's no
- the fix is in