fix (someone or something) with (someone or something)(redirected from fix it with)
fix (someone or something) with (someone or something)
1. To apologize or otherwise attempt to repair a relationship with someone. I don't know if I'll be able to fix things with Kaitlin—she is just furious with me right now.
2. To get someone's permission or approval for something. If you can fix it with my Mom, then I'll definitely come with you.
3. To give someone or something a certain kind of look (which is stated after "with"). He fixed me with a gaze, and I found myself mesmerized by what he was saying.
fix something with someone
1. to get someone's agreement or permission for something. Don't worry, I'll fix it with your boss. Can you fix things with my brother? He doesn't want me to do this.
2. to apologize or make amends to someone for something. She is upset at you, but you can fix it with her, I'm sure. I will fix it with her. Don't worry.
To gaze intently at someone or something in a particular way: I fixed the guard with a long stare.