fit (something) to (someone or something)(redirected from fit to it)
fit (something) to (someone or something)
To prepare something so that it is appropriate for someone or something else. Don't worry, I'm not going to scare the kids—I really tried to fit my story to their age group.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
fit something to something
to make something suit something else. Please try to fit your remarks to the audience. Can you fit the main course to the needs of all the people who are coming to dinner?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (something) to go on
- a casualty of (something)
- a whole different animal
- a whole different ball of wax
- a whole different beast
- (someone or something) promises well
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- (someone/something) gets the job done
- a straw will show which way the wind blows