fit (something) to (someone or something)(redirected from fit it to)
fit (something) to (someone or something)
To prepare something so that it is appropriate for someone or something else. Don't worry, I'm not going to scare the kids—I really tried to fit my story to their age group.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
fit something to something
to make something suit something else. Please try to fit your remarks to the audience. Can you fit the main course to the needs of all the people who are coming to dinner?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (someone or something) promises well
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)
- a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- a crack at (someone or something)