find a/(one's) way around (someone or something)(redirected from find his way around)
find a/(one's) way around (someone or something)
1. Literally, to successfully navigate and learn where things are in a particular area or place. The new office building is so big that it took me weeks to find my way around.
2. To successfully evade something. We need to find a way around this traffic jam if we're ever going to get to the restaurant.
3. To devise a way to do something, in spite of problems or setbacks. Oh, we're still going to the party. We'll find a way around your punishment, even if we have to sneak you out of the house.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
find a way around someone or something
1. Lit. to find a way to pass around someone or something to get to the other side. I could hardly find a way around the tables in the crowded restaurant to get to the restroom.
2. Fig. to find a way to evade the rules, or someone's restrictions. The students are always trying to find a way around the regulations.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.