figure on (someone or something)(redirected from figure on her)
figure on (someone or something)
1. To depend or rely on someone or something. I thought we could figure on your help with this event, but I guess not.
2. To anticipate something. The kids always figure on my financial assistance, and that needs to stop before I go broke!
figure on someone or something
to count on someone or something; to assume something about someone or something. I am figuring on twelve people for dinner next Friday. We are figuring on you and your wife for dinner next weekend.
1. Depend on, count on, as in We figured on your support.
2. Take into consideration, expect, as in We figured on his being late.
3. Plan, as in We'll figure on leaving at noon. All three colloquial usages date from about 1900.
1. To depend on something: We figured on your support when we made up the plans.
2. To guess that something will transpire; estimate: I figured on traffic being heavy, so I left early.
3. To plan on doing something; anticipate: We figure on leaving for the store at noon.