feel about (for someone or something)(redirected from feeling about for it)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
feel about (for someone or something)
To grope around to locate someone or something by touch, especially in the dark or a similar situation where one's vision is limited. I had to feel about for the light switch for a minute before I was able to find it. The frightened child felt about for her parents in the pitch-black tent. I'm feeling about under the couch, but I don't think your phone is down here, Mom.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- feel around
- feel around (for someone or something)
- like looking for a needle in a haystack
- like looking for/trying to find a needle in a haystack
- be like looking for a needle in a haystack
- be like trying to find a needle in a haystack
- fish around
- have a look for (someone or something)
- take a look for
- take a look for (someone or something)