a fast one(redirected from fast ones)
a fast one
1. A trick, deception, or practical joke. Typically used in the phrase "pull a fast one." It turns out that the supposed alien visitors people had been seeing were just a bunch of teenagers pulling a fast one on the town. I've got a great plan to pull a fast one on the school for April Fools' Day. The fake article had been in print in the renowned scientific journal for more than a week before its author revealed that he had pulled a fast one.
2. vulgar slang An instance of sexual intercourse intentionally conducted in a short period of time; a "quickie." Yeah, we had sex, but it wasn't some big romantic thing—it was just a fast one.
a clever and devious trick. (Compare this with pull a fast one.) That was a fast one. I didn't know you were so devious. This was the last fast one like that you'll ever catch me with.
1. n a fast act of sex; a quickie; a quick one. I think we’ve got time for a fast one!
2. n. a fast or quickly performed activity, such as eating or drinking something. Here’s a tavern. You got time for a fast one?
3. n. a clever and devious trick. (see also pull a fast one.) That was a fast one. I didn’t know you were so devious.