fart(redirected from farting)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to farting: flatulence
1. in. to release intestinal gas through the anus. (Often objectionable. One of the classic four-letter words. It should be noted that English does not have a single, “polite” word, noun or verb, for this matter. Break wind is common, but there is no parallel noun. See the complete list of all entries with fart in the Index of Hidden Key Words.) Okay, who farted?
2. n. the sound or odor of the release of intestinal gas. (Often objectionable.) Who made that smelly fart?
3. n. a stupid, despicable, and annoying person. (Usually objectionable.) The guy’s nothing but a fart. Just forget him.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) funny as a fart in a spacesuit
- as pissed as a fart
- boring old fart
- brain fart
- cunt fart
- cut a fart
- every time (one) farts
- fanny fart
- fart about
- fart around
- fart hole
- fart in a windstorm
- fart off
- fart sack
- farting crackers
- go over like a fart in church
- I wouldn't kick (someone) out of bed for farting
- I wouldn't throw (someone) out of bed for farting
- let a fart
- monkey-fart with (something)
- not care a monkey's fart (about something)
- not give a monkey's fart (about something)
- old fart
- pussy fart
- whenever (one) farts