fancy(redirected from fancying)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to fancying: fancying chances
1. To be romantically interested in (someone). Primarily heard in UK. A: "I must confess, I really fancy you, Charlotte. I have since the day we met." B: "Oh, Ian. Kiss me!"
2. To have a desire for (something). A: "Fancy some coffee?" B: "Yes, please. Anything that will wake me up this morning."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a flight of fancy
- a passing fancy
- as, whenever, etc. the fancy takes you
- be footloose and fancy-free
- catch (someone's) fancy
- catch/take/tickle somebody's fancy
- fancy (one's) chances
- fancy (someone or oneself) as (something)
- fancy as
- fancy chances
- fancy footwork
- Fancy meeting you here!
- fancy that
- Fancy that!
- fancy your chances
- fancy your/somebody's chances
- flight of fancy
- footloose and fancy free
- footloose and fancy-free
- I don't fancy yours (much)
- strike (one's) fancy
- strike fancy
- suit (one's) fancy
- suit fancy
- take (one's) fancy
- take a fancy to
- take a fancy to (someone or something)
- take a fancy to somebody/something
- tickle (one's) fancy
- tickle fancy
- tickle one's fancy
- whenever the fancy takes (one)