fall for (someone or something)(redirected from fall for me)
fall for (someone or something)
1. To become completely infatuated with someone; to fall in love with someone. The moment I met my wife, I fell for her completely.
2. To be convinced that that something is unquestionably true. I told them that I like this stupid school, and they totally fell for it—I guess I'm a pretty good actress.
fall for someone
Fig. to fall in love with someone. I fell for her in a big way. She's gorgeous! Ted fell for Alice and they decided to get married.
fall for something
Fig. to believe something without reservation. Surely, you don't expect me to fall for that! She fell for the excuse I gave her about getting stuck in traffic.
1. Become attracted to, as in I was sure he'd fall for her. [Slang; early 1900s]
2. Be deceived or swindled by, as in He fell for the con artist's scheme and lost a great deal of money. [Slang; early 1900s]
1. To feel love for someone; be in love with someone: I fell for you the first time I saw you in the park. They immediately fell for each other.
2. To be deceived or swindled by something: The gullible dupe fell for the con artist's scheme and lost $200,000.