fail out(redirected from fails out)
To have to leave a school or university because one does not have passing grades. One B won't kill you—it's not like you're going to fail out of college or something.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
To be forced to leave an academic institution because of unsatisfactory grades: My cousin is failing out of law school.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a prophet is not without honor save in his own country
- drive (one) out of office
- force (one) out of office
- force out of office
- get one over on (one)
- get/put one over on somebody/something
- as one door closes, another (one) opens
- as one door closes, another one opens
- as one door closes, another opens
- give (one) (one's) head