expropriate (something) from (someone or something)(redirected from expropriate from them)
expropriate (something) from (someone or something)
To take or seize something from someone or something. This is our family's land—those greedy developers can't just expropriate it from us! My client is claiming that the defendant expropriated funds from her for his own campaign.
See also: expropriate
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (someone or something) promises well
- a whack at (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)
- a crack at (someone or something)