engage (someone) to (someone)(redirected from engage her to)
engage (someone) to (someone)
To betroth oneself or someone to someone else; to enter two people into an engagement to be married. I refuse to let my family engage me to a man I've never met before.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
engage someone to someone
to betroth someone to someone. Her parents engaged her to the man she ended up marrying. She engaged herself to some guy she met at a singles bar.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)