empty(redirected from empties)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
informal An empty container, especially a bottle of alcohol. OK, the last guest has left. Would you mind going around and collecting all the empties?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. an empty beer or liquor bottle. Whose empties are these, and how many are there?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- an empty nester
- an empty sack cannot stand upright
- be running on empty
- come away empty-handed
- emptier than a banker's heart
- empty calories
- empty in(to) (something)
- empty into
- empty nest
- empty nest syndrome
- empty nest, empty nester
- empty nester
- empty out
- empty promise
- empty suit
- empty the tank
- empty threat
- empty vessels make (the) most noise
- empty vessels make (the) most sound
- empty vessels make most noise
- empty vessels make the most sound
- glass half empty
- glass half full
- glass half full/half empty
- glass is half full, the
- go away empty-handed
- he who gives fair words feeds you with an empty spoon
- Is the glass half empty or half full?
- on an empty stomach
- run on empty
- running on empty
- see the glass as half empty
- see the glass as half full
- the empty nest
- the glass is half empty
- travel on a full/empty stomach